Life

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Carnations and the drifting smell of candy

So I was raised in a family that doesn't really look too highly on Valentine's Day. This has rubbed off on me and so my boyfriend and I didn't do anything. I did go to Walgreens and they gave me a carnation. It's currently in my fish's fish bowl and he seems to like it since he swims around the stem like a damned fool. I helped out at work and the kids got a Valentine's party, little first graders with sugar. Uh oh. Actually it turned out pretty good. After work I went to tutor this guy, and found I really had no energy to tutor him. I made him do a few things and then just gave up and flopped onto his bed and stared at his ceiling as he did some work. Towards the end of it he fell on his bed next to me and we talked about these issues that have presented themselves to me. You see, I have been really down lately. I don't know why I'm writing this to a blog of people who probably don't care or don't understand. However, maybe it's better that way. I don't really feel like I have a reason to do anything lately. It's as if this dark cloud has drifted over me and refuses to go away. I've probably stretched myself too thin with all the things I am doing. With school, working by helping my mom, tutoring and then not to mention the chores in the house since it seems that some of my family members cannot function enough to do anything. I hope to take more pictures soon so that I can put them up here, lets hope I find time to do so. Anyway, Valentines day is over, and the promise of sickly sweets is passing and the smell of babies breath is finding its way around. Thank God I only have a carnation. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hames likes reading these. :] Gives Hames a little more insight.

    ReplyDelete